Mide is constantly looking for motivated, intelligent engineers with great organization and teamwork skills to join our team. If you meet these criteria and are interested in joining our team please contact us (Human Resources).
Software Engineer/Developer (MATLAB, python, Signal Analysis)
Midé is a small but well-established research and development firm that provides innovative engineering solutions. We apply our system-level approach to projects in many areas, leveraging our core expertise in smart materials (such as piezoelectrics and SMA) and developing technological devices and systems. The foundation of our business is in primary R&D contracts with large corporations and US government agencies such as DoD and NASA, which we build into commercial products. The growth and success of our Slam Stick product – a suite of miniature, wireless, multi-sensor, high-definition data loggers and custom data analysis software – has lead us to expand our team.
We’re looking for a sharp, dedicated software development specialist to join our lean electrical/software engineering department. The candidate’s main responsibility will be the design and implementation of high-performance digital signal processing applications for both in-house experiments and customer-facing analysis software in MATLAB and Python (NumPy). The ideal candidate will have experience working efficiently with large multi-gigabyte datasets, and using parallel processing for the timely reduction and visualization of datasets, including out-of-core/larger-than-core datasets. The candidate will primarily work with a Python GUI software developer, and a few electrical engineers and embedded programmers responsible for developing data-acquisition system hardware.
At least Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering field, with a strong background in software development for digital signal processing and analysis. Relevant engineering fields include computer science or computer engineering, but may include other engineering disciplines (electrical, aerospace, mathematics, physics, etc.) provided the required mathematical background and software development experience are there.
3+ years software development
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Near-term projects include:
- Analysis and classification of characteristic audio signals
- Analysis and classification of characteristic mechanical vibration signals
- Development of MATLAB executable program for vibration analysis
- MATLAB data analysis and program development
- Advanced signal analysis techniques, particularly for mechanical vibrations and audio, such as FIR, IIR, Kalman filtering, beam forming
- Python development, with NumPy
- Ability to write documentation and grant proposals (experience not required)
- Willing to work in a dynamic, adaptive environment in which technical focus is continuously changing
Experience in the following areas is not required, but a definite plus:
- Experience with GUI programming
- Background in data structures suitable for efficient access to large datasets
- C programming experience, particularly for embedded systems
- Digital control systems theory and implementation, such as motion control algorithms
- Use of revision control software, particularly Git
Manufacturing Technician - Products
The individual in this position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day activities required to manufacture Midé’s product portfolio. Primary responsibilities include inventory management, assembly, inspection, quality testing and calibration, packaging, and shipping of the products.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-10 years manufacturing technician experience required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Motivated self-starter willing to learn.
- Good written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Deal with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and others in a professional manner.
- Good organization skills
- Works efficiently to meet production goals.
- Ability to arrange work and storage areas for most efficient workflow
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following, however other duties may be assigned.
- Manufacturing and Assembling of Products
- Inspection of incoming materials
- Electronic assembly of products (soldering of some components)
- Running software scripts to download necessary firmware onto devices
- Mechanical assembly (bolting, layup, other simple tasks)
- Test and evaluation of product with test equipment and computer scripts
- Operation of equipment required to manufacture Midé products
- Includes: shaker system, lamination press, soldering iron, scale, CNC router, test equipment and other electronic laboratory equipment
- Supply chain management
- Manage inventory and order necessary materials as needed to support production needs
- Receive and store incoming materials
- Order Processing
- Receiving and Entering order information into accounting and tracking system
- Order Fulfillment
- Pulling products from inventory, packaging and shipping completed orders to customers
- Customer Interaction
- Informing customers of order status and shipping details
- Critical evaluation of technical output from self and others (test results, designs, procedures etc.)
- Efficient personal time management, organization, and task prioritization
- Commitment to maintain high standards of laboratory safety, order, and cleanliness.
- Adherence to Midé policies and procedures.
The manufacturing engineer reports directly reports directly to the Division Director or Director of Production in charge of the product line.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
US Citizen or US Green card holder.
Minimal, occasional carrying/moving/storage of materials and supplies.
If you would like to apply Contact Us Now (Other...).